10 Feb Utilities Technology Council Announces Slate of New Hires and Promotions
Headquarters Staff Changes Provide Organization with Depth of Experience
Arlington, Va.—February 10, 2021–Utilities Technology Council (UTC) President and CEO Sheryl Osiene-Riggs today announced a round of strategic new hires and promotions that she said will strengthen UTC’s leadership structure, enabling the organization to more effectively service its members and respond to a rapidly changing industry environment by shaping the future of utility mission-critical technologies.
The four new hires, which will bolster UTC’s senior management staff, are:
- Teesa Banks, who has assumed the role of Chief of Staff. Banks is responsible for overseeing UTC’s daily operations and individual departments. She also heads the organization’s Human Resources department. Banks comes to UTC with extensive experience in organizational leadership, human resource management, and compliance. She received her master’s degree from Troy University, Troy, Ala.
- Menen Fantay, who has come onboard as UTC’s Vice President, Operations. Fantay, who is rejoining UTC after four years, is responsible for ensuring the organization’s daily business practices meet its operational goals. She returns to UTC with a broad and extensive understanding of business administration, finance, and information technology. Fantay received her bachelor’s degree from Strayer University and studied for her master’s degree at the University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- Peter Wilson, who has joined UTC as Director, Communications. Wilson is responsible for developing and coordinating the organization’s strategic messaging and stakeholder outreach. He is a Washington, D.C., based communications professional with expertise working with nonprofits, trade associations, and national PR firms. Wilson received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Ca.
- Dana Daberko is UTC’s new Frequency Coordinator, where she is responsible for the coordination and filing of applications for radio station authorizations and antenna structure registrations issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and notices of proposed construction or alteration of communications tower sites issued by the Federal Aviation Administration. She also manages UTC’s License Sentry, FCC License Management Services, and Frequency Sentry Monitoring Services. Dana studied at Vernon College, Vernon, Texas, and Montgomery College, Rockville, Md.
- “I’m excited and proud to welcome Teesa, Menen, Peter, and Dana to the UTC staff, wherein a short time they are already making their presence known,” Ms. Osiene-Riggs said. “UTC is a small but mighty team, and I know they will work hard and tirelessly to make sure we and our members stay at the forefront of an exciting time for our industry, when the utilities, telecom, and technology industries are more connected than ever before.”
Osiene-Riggs also announced the promotion of Christopher Brent to Manager, Membership & Meetings. Brent is responsible for onboarding new UTC members and servicing existing members, as well as overseeing UTC’s webinar program and managing UTC’s regional and national events. He received his bachelor’s degree from Alvernia University, Reading, Pa.
“Christopher’s promotion is the result of his hard work and dedication, and it’s richly deserved,” Osiene-Riggs said. “I couldn’t be more proud of him for helping to move our meetings program forward in exciting new directions, and he has built deep relationships with our members that have earned their respect and trust.”
UTC staff bios are available on the UTC website: https://utc.org/utc-staff/.
The Utilities Technology Council (UTC) is a global trade association dedicated to serving critical infrastructure providers. Through advocacy, education and collaboration, UTC creates a favorable business, regulatory and technology environment for our members who own or operate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems in support of their core business. For more information: UTC.org