EUTC to hold its 13th conference in Frankfurt Germany 27-30 September 2016
The European Utilities Telecom Council (EUTC), the trade association for telecom and IT professionals at utilities, is organising the largest gathering of technology and telecommunications executives from Europe’s utilities and their partners from September 27 to 30 at the Hilton in Frankfurt (Germany).
The only European event dedicated to IT and telecom professionals from Europe’s gas, electricity and water utilities, the European Utility Telecom Conference is designed to offer utilities many resources to tackle their current challenges more effectively and efficiently. The theme of the conference this year continues the quest to inform, understand and share the best practice from around the world in the highly specialised world of Utility Telecommunications. Given the hype curve of Smart Grids, the practicalities of operational security and the ever pressing requirement for best value for customers, how does the modernising utility manage this balancing act? The trilemma is at the heart of the delivery programmes across Europe. EUTC is here to expose how deeply professional telecommunications staff are enabling these ambitions.
The conference will bring new insights into this challenging landscape by updating on the progress across our working groups as well as liberating expert opinion and practical deployment case studies from various countries. The EUTC Annual Conference in Frankfurt will, as always, inform, challenge and connect/network delegates in an intense, focused and enjoyable three days of presentations, panels and workshops. Topics covered include:
- Wireless and spectrum challenges and solutions
- New business models that are enabled by telecommunications deployment
- Getting the right balance between commercial and private telecommunication networks
- The impact of Big Data on our telecommunications networks and using data analysis to optimum effect
- Getting the definition of Smart Grid Requirements right and being able to measure the result (KPI’s)
- Cyber security – getting the balance right between people, processes and technology
- Using utility infrastructure as a service – identifying new uses for existing infrastructure – Smart Metering, asset management, etc.
- IT/OT integration – the convergence between the world of telecommunications and technology
About EUTC European Utilities Telecom Council or EUTC is the trade association for telecom and IT professionals at European utilities. EUTC understands that technology is rapidly changing the role of telecom in Europe’s electric, gas and water utilities, energy companies and other critical infrastructure companies. As utilities use their vast experience in building and managing sophisticated telecommunications networks to enter Europe’s new competitive telecoms markets, EUTC supports their efforts with education, networking, benchmarking and resources. For more information, visit www.eutc.org