UTC Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
UTC is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and UTC staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, UTC staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all UTC meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than UTC but held in conjunction with UTC events, on public or private platforms.
UTC has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, UTC asks that you inform either Christopher Brent at 202.833.6819 firstname.lastname@example.org
or Karnel Thomas at 202.833.6816 so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, UTC staff member, service provider, or other meeting guests.
- Examples of verbal abuse include but are not limited to, oral comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or during presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, sponsor exhibitor, UTC staff member, service provider, or another meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by UTC throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any UTC virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. UTC reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
UTC reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and UTC reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.