UTC Member Benefit – CERT STEPFwd Security for Engineers and Managers
UTC is partnering with the CERT Division at Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute (SEI) to provide UTC members access to CERT’s cybersecurity learning environment. For almost 25 years, the CERT Division has been a leader in cyber security research and education.
CERT STEPfwd (Simulation, Training, and Exercise Platform) combines extensive research and innovative technology to offer a unique solution to cybersecurity workforce research and development. The platform enables the CERT Division to perform research, test new technologies and content to better understand how to rapidly advance the state of practice for cyber workforce development.
UTC and CERT is partnering to provide UTC members access to the CERT STEPFwd learning environment to help UTC members gain relevant cybersecurity knowledge, skills, and experience. UTC members can purchase two distinct packages each providing over 30 hours of multimedia material. Each package is available for $1000:
Focused on engineering and technology practitioners, Security for Engineers Package includes:
- Information Security for Technical Staff
- Advanced Information Security for Technical Staff
- IPv6 Security
- Security and DNS
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Security
- LAN Security Using Switch Features
- Securing the Network Perimeter
- Securing Infrastructure Devices
- Wireless Security
- Network Monitoring
Focused on managers, Security for Managers Package includes:
- Cyber Security Overview
- Cyber Risk Management
- Assessing Information Security Risk Using OCTAVE Allegro
- Emerging Cyber Threats – Know Your Enemy
- Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) Management Fundamentals
Access to each package is $1000 for a 12-month period. For access to CERT STEPFwd click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.